The speed and workflow from "idea to publish" needs must be fast and smooth. Many times new ideas would form in my head, but the friction of incrementally writing content would get in the way. Writing content should be a simple as opening VSCode and writing Markdown.
Open VS code. Write some content in Markdown. Git push. Done.
- Write MDX (Markdown+JSX file format), git push, done.
- Automatically creates routes and table of contents from .MDX file
- Can intergrate React content when it makes sense
- The website can be prerendered
- Forking the base Nextra theme for customization is difficult. They are working on it.